In the first in a series of books for the Kindle, best selling careers author, James Innes writes about finding a job through social media.
Social media is changing the landscape in which we live. We must now use it to our advantage for our careers.
Social media is everywhere and now billions of people are using it. The transparent nature of the Internet means that we all have to be ever more cautious about how we conduct ourselves online – nothing is secret anymore.
It’s now your responsibility to take control of your future and master these new tools to ensure a successful career and future. This book will help you do just that.
Social media means the following for your job search:
1. It now means that you have the chance to shine. You have a chance to show what you are all about, what motivates you and the direction you are taking in your career.
2. It means that it’s easier to connect with recruiters and you have the choice to be pickier about whom you want to work for.
3. It means you can research the company you want to work for like never before and be more prepared for interviews. You are even able to get in touch with former employees and new hires to research the company.
4. It means you can become known as an expert in your industry.
5. It means you have to be careful about what you do online and offline so that it doesn't have a negative impact on your personal brand.
Nothing is secret anymore. If it has your name attributed to it, Google will find it and that means a real human being will find it too!
Recruiters are searching your name prior to interviews and as you'll see in a minute, they have unprecedented access to information about you.
They're now using the Internet to assess your character. They're visiting social networks, reading blog posts and checking your online reputation.
These new tools give you the opportunity to carve your own online brand. Your brand needs to have a consistent, positive, enthusiastic and motivated message.
This book will help you do just that.
- File Size: 106 KB
- Print Length: 36 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B009H1FX46
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- X-Ray: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled