Millions compete for exposure on Google, Yahoo!, and MSN Live Search, but 97% of them fail to get results. Become one of the elite 3% who succeed. How? Search advertising specialist Richard Stokes reveals that and more! Covering all major search engines, this powerful guide discloses: The $100 Bidding Myth”: why outbidding competitors rarely results in more traffic Simple website changes that can increase sales by 500% How to drive 80% or more of online revenues with rare superconverter keywords Winning strategies of the world’s top search marketers The best ads on the internet and how to write them The real factors for driving high click-through rates How to find competitors’ budgets, ad copy, and best keywords How to manage bids without expensive bid-management software And more!
- File Size: 8821 KB
- Print Length: 326 pages
- Publisher: Entrepreneur Press; 1 edition (May 1, 2010)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004SNPSAC
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- X-Ray: Not Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
His first book was a bible on SEM and this one knocks it out of the park.
I highly recommend this book to anyone in the search marketing industry. YOU WON’T BE DISAPPOINTED.
If you’ve read Perry & Howie you MUST read Stokes
Should be called: "How to Become an AdWords Master."
High-Level and Valuable Insights in Understandable Language
1) Often books about PPC advertising deal exclusively with advertising campaigns and neglect the website conversion funnel. Stokes smartly addresses the big picture, making this book a solid read for business owners, not just PPC technicians.
2) Richard Stokes competes on data, not intuition, and gives many useful ways to make logical, prioritized, data-driven decisions in this book.
3) His subtle understanding of click-through-rates (if you don’t think one could have an involved understanding of them, read chapter 16) and how they relate to quality score and to impression share are thought through at the highest level. There’s probably no one but Hal Varian at Google who knows this material at this level (okay, that might be an exaggeration, but Hal & company aren’t talking this freely).
4) There’s big theory in this book, and that’s useful, but Richard brings the theoretical down to the practical. From his understanding you actually get new strategies for the AdWords platform… and Google Analytics and Google Website Optimizer for that matter.
In a phrase: If I lose it, I’ll buy another copy to have on hand for reference.
In a word: Recommended.
Taking PPC Advertising to the Next Level
The results have been phenomenal. One of my clients is in a niche of the hyper-competitive online dating category. They had been dominating their niche and now I could show them proof of that. I have also been able to track their impression share and incredibly they almost always have 100% impression share in their niche, which means their ad is showing up every time anybody searches. AdGooroo research shows that most companies are doing exceptionally well to have 70% impression share.
For years I had tried to compete as a niche online dating site against the huge category leaders like Match.com, eharmony.com, et al. It was finally possible to play with the big boys in a hypercompetitive market despite being a niche site.
The Ultimate Guide to Pay-Per-Click Advertising is truly a game-changer. Combined with AdGooroo’s tools, it has given me the ability to provide a significant competitive advantage to my clients.
I can’t recommend this book enough, especially to anybody who is interested in becoming the dominant player in their industry.
Excellent Resource. I spend OVER $20,000 a day of my own money on PPC and could not recommend this more highly
I have read just about everything there is to read on the subject of PPC. When it comes to this subject, I know garbage when I see it. This book is excellent and full of gold nuggets of information that help you save and make money. When I am able to gain even a 1% efficiency in PPC, that is a big deal to me. This book provides the kind of insight that gives advertisers that edge.
If you are just starting out, I suggest you read this book several times. You could save yourself a fortune. If you are already an experienced and expert level PPC advertiser already like me, you won’t find a brand new stuff on every page like the beginner or novice likely will. However, you will likely find more than a few terrific, practical ideas and strategies to increase your bottom line.
There is very good stuff in the Traffic Maps chapter. The Quality Score chapter is critical to read and thoroughly understand–really insightful stuff there. There is a chapter on writing ad copy that is fantastic. This is where the winners begin to separate themselves from the loosers, I think.
Also, the author has some great stuff on analyzing competition. He explains where to find the resources and how to use them. Then, he also tells you how to use the data against your competition.
In summary, this is an excellent resources. It’s very practical and fundamentally sound. It’s well organized. It is a must read if you are serious about building your business through PPC.